This is the Judy Mover Max, it’s a one-bag survival kit designed to keep four people alive for a minimum of 72 hours during a catastrophe or natural disaster.
Survival experts tell us that the first 72 hours after a disaster are the most critical, after this time emergency personnel are typically onsite, evacuations have taken place, or the area has been stabilized.
The concept of a “bug out bag” is nothing new of course, what the team at Judy have done is collected some of America’s leading preparedness specialists like Kathryn Martorana, and created a bag you can buy that already contains everything you need.
The Mover Max was developed for singles, couples, and people with up to two kids. Each kit contains 24 essential items and they’re packed into a waterproof, puncture-resistant pack made from 500D tarpaulin with fully welded seams.
Judy also offers 24/7 SMS text alerts and emergency preparedness tips with each kit they sell, as well as downloadable plans and guides for emergency situations that you can keep on your phone in case you ever need them.
Inside each Mover Max you’ll find the following:
– 1 x Hand Crank Radio: Receives local radio stations and has a built-in flashlight, alarm, and USB port to charge your phone
– 1 x First Aid KIt: Includes 109 medical supplies to care for bumps, bruises, cuts, and more
– 1 x Multitool: Includes multiple tools including pliers, screwdriver, knife, and mini saw
– 1 x Roll of Duct Tape: Flexible but sturdy tape for making quick repairs
– 14 x Water Packets: Each packet has 4.22 ounces of emergency drinking water that last up to 5 years
– 10 x Meal Replacement Bars: Keep you full for hours (contains wheat, soy, and gluten)
– 2 x Whistles: Draw attention and call for help
– 4 x Glow Sticks: Provides light for up to 12 hours
– 4 x Emergency Blankets: Impermeable, metalized plastic that trap up to 90% of body heat
– 4 x Ponchos: Waterproof rain poncho to keep you dry and protected
– 4 x Dust Masks (KN – 95): Five layers of air filtration blocks out air pollutants like viruses, bacteria, and allergens
– 2 x Bottles of Hand Sanitizer: Kills 99.99% of illness-causing germs
– 4 x Hand Warmers: Offers instant heat for up to 10 hours
– 1 x Quick Dry Towel: Absorbs more liquid and dries faster than standard towels
– 2 x Tissue Packets: 2-ply tissues for comfort
– 1 x Wet Wipe: To clean your hands when you don’t have soap and water
– 1 x Biohazard Bag: Helps you transport hazardous waste and keeps materials contained
– 1 x Pair of Work Gloves: Triple coated latex gloves protect your hands from debris
Articles that Ben has written have been covered on CNN, Popular Mechanics, Smithsonian Magazine, Road & Track Magazine, the official Pinterest blog, the official eBay Motors blog, BuzzFeed, Autoweek Magazine, Wired Magazine, Autoblog, Gear Patrol, Jalopnik, The Verge, and many more.
Silodrome was founded by Ben back in 2010, in the years since the site has grown to become a world leader in the alternative and vintage motoring sector, with well over a million monthly readers from around the world and many hundreds of thousands of followers on social media.